Income Taxation of US Persons with Cross-Border Situations
An understanding and the considerations needed for advisors with clients in cross-border situations; a deeper dive into various US tax reporting requirements so they can give high level guidance to their clients.
- Understand how to claim foreign earned income exclusion and/or foreign tax credits.
- Be provided with requirements for reporting foreign assets
- Understand Taxation of Passive Foreign Investment Corporations (PFICs)
- Be eligible* for 1 CE CFP Credit
* Participants will only receive it if they join the live session for a minimum of 50 minutes. The recording will be available to view if the registrant is not able to join live, but there won’t be CFP credit.
Malissa Marshall is a Certified Financial Planner and IRS Enrolled Agent. She has extensive experience with US taxation of expats and foreign nationals, working with colleagues in other jurisdictions to coordinate filing positions and using income tax treaties to minimize double taxation.
You may also be interested in
The CIGA Network member Malissa Marshall, shares her financial planning experience to provide a framework to help financial advisers understand the intricacies of US executives
WHAT IS CIGA?
The CIGA Network is the home for global independent advisers that wish to serve cross-border clients better.